Search site
South Bucks District Council
Search site


Most complaints about statutory nuisances can be resolved informally between the parties involved.  It is better for you to speak with your neighbour at the earliest opportunity in order to resolve the problem quickly.  They will often take appropriate steps to reduce or stop the problem.

We appreciate that in some cases it can be difficult to talk to your neighbour about the matter and you still wish to settle the matter informally.  In these instances additional assistance may be obtained from Mediation Buckinghamshire. In 2015, in 80% of cases where Mediation Buckinghamshire was involved, no further incidents were experienced. If you consider legal action is appropriate and do not want to involve the Council, you might consider Taking Your Own Action.

Further information on:

Noise Nuisance

Light Nuisance


High Hedges

Odour Nuisance