Copyright and Disclaimer plus other limitations
Return to 'Viewing Planning Applications'
Online Planning -Terms and conditions
The online planning history contained within the site is incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal 'Land Charge Search'. No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from Public Access;
The information contained within Public Access does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk; The publication of this information on the web site is not part of the formal process of determination of any planning or other application.
The position of property boundaries as shown on the map may vary from those on the ground and cannot be used for the purpose of resolving boundary or ownership disputes.
Under normal circumstances details of new valid planning applications will be visible on the site within 5 working days of receipt. Copies of the application forms and plans can also be seen at our offices at Capswood. South Bucks District Council reserves the right to remove or not display certain planning information for confidentiality or other reasons.
The service continues to be developed but at the present time no constraint information or associated documents are available via PublicAccess.
Please note that documents normally available to view through Public Access include the following: application forms; drawings; supporting documents. Officer's reports are also available, but normally only after the decision is made - however planning committee agendas are available 5 working days prior to the meeting on the Council and Democracy section of the Council website. Delegated reports are not available prior to the decision.
The PublicAccess website is owned and operated by South Bucks District Council. Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on PublicAccess, represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by South Bucks District Council (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Your continued use of PublicAccess indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using PublicAccess.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
1. The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout PublicAccess is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and South Bucks District Council.
2. A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
3. You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
4. You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from PublicAccess.
5. Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of PublicAccess is not permitted without our prior written consent.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
7. You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on PublicAccess.
8. We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on PublicAccess.
9. We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on PublicAccess is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on PublicAccess are provided "as is", and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of PublicAccess.
South Bucks District Council seeks to comply with all statutory requirements including the Data Protection Act (1998) in all its transactions. All comments received will form part of a public document which will be available for public inspection, therefore do not supply details you do not want published. All comments are available for public viewing.
South Bucks District Council seeks to ensure that the information it publishes on its web site is up to date and accurate. However, the information on the web site does not constitute legal or professional advice and the Council cannot accept any liability for any loss arising in any way whatsoever out of the use of its site. . Whilst every effort is made to virus check information, users are recommended to recheck all downloaded materials with their own virus check software. The Council cannot be held responsible for the data policies, procedures or contents of any pages references by an external link from its site.
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner. The logos and artwork on PublicAccess for South Bucks are the copyright of the information providers and use of these is prohibited without prior authorisation.