Food and Safety

Health, Food and Safety
Starting a new business
Before you begin trading you need to ensure have essential safety and hygiene measures in place.
Food premises registration
To store, prepare, distribute or sell food on premises you need to be registered at least 28 days before opening.
Inspections and investigations
Environmental Health Officers can carry out checks on offices, shops, warehouses, catering premises, customer service activities, places used for leisure activities and other non-industrial premises.
Food Poisoning
Food poisoning is caused by eating or drinking food or water contaminated by bacteria (germs) or the poisons (toxins) that they produce.
Food Hygiene Rating Scheme
The Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (FHRS) makes it easier for consumers to choose places with good hygiene standards when they're eating out or shopping for food.
Food Export Health Certificates
Health Certificates are issued on request to food businesses who wish to export foodstuff outside the EU. They are provided to assist local exporters in meeting the food safety requirements.
Organising an event
The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) provides a forum for discussing and advising on public safety at events.
Guidance on identification, removal and disposal.
Smokefree workplaces
All workplaces and enclosed public areas in England are 'smokefree'.
Water Cooling Tower Notifications
If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify South Bucks District Council of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser (notifiable devices) on the premises.
Private water supplies
The Council has a duty to monitor certain private water supplies.