Collections for large items
Have you created your customer account? It's easy to do and allows you to keep track of requests for Waste and Recycling services.
Following government guidelines on social distancing, our crews will only collect items from the edge of your property boundary. We will not enter any property to collect items. We will not assist in moving items.
To protect our crews, please do not book this service if any persons in your household have diagnosed or suspected Covid-19 symptoms.
Before you book a collection :
- 1 - 3 items: £50
- 4 - 6 items: £100
- 7 - 9 items: £150
If you are in receipt of income related benefits, a reduced fee is available.
- Your booking cannot be changed once your request has been submitted
- If a booking is cancelled after 1pm (13.00) on the preceding Friday (or if a bank holiday, the last working day) before the scheduled collection, no refund will be given.
- You must agree to the before paying for the service
- Our contractor, Biffa Municipal Ltd, will contact you to arrange a collection date.
- All items must be presented outside for collection by 07:00 on the specified day of collection
Items we collect (further items listed on payment form)
white goods, including:
- washing machine
electrical items, including:
- audio units
- vacuum cleaner
free standing furniture, including:
- coffee table
- dressing table
- chest of drawers
- bedside cabinet
- dining table (tables and chairs classed as individual items)
- chair (tables and chairs classed as individual items)
- beds, mattresses, headboards (classed as individual items)
- sofa, armchair (classed as individual items)
- carpet/lino (size that can be carried by two people)
garden furniture, including;
- dismantled swing
- children's plastic toys
Examples of items we do not collect
- construction / demolition waste (doors/windows, kitchen cabinets, boilers, concrete/bricks, soil etc.)
- business waste
- garden waste
- hazardous waste
- gas / oil cylinders