Collections for large items
Have you created your customer account? It's easy to do and allows you to keep track of requests for Waste and Recycling services.
|Customer notice: Due to experiencing high volumes of contact for this service please allow up to 7 working days for a member of our waste department to contact you to book this service.|
We offer a service for the collection of larger household items. Please consider donating items to charity for re-use.
Visit the furniture re-use network website.
- 1 - 3 items: £39
If you are in receipt of income related benefits, a reduced fee is available.
- If you require more than 3 items collecting, you will need to fill in another form
- Your booking cannot be amended once your request has been submitted
- If a booking is cancelled after 1pm (13.00) on the preceding Friday (or if a bank holiday, the last working day) before the scheduled collection, no refund will be given.
Items we collect (further items listed on payment form)
white goods, including:
- washing machine
electrical items, including:
- audio units
- vacuum cleaner
free standing furniture, including:
- coffee table
- dressing table
- chest of drawers
- bedside cabinet
- dining table (tables and chairs classed as individual items)
- chair (tables and chairs classed as individual items)
- beds including mattress, base and headboard (classed as one item)
- sofa, armchair or three piece suite (classed as one item)
- carpet/lino (size that can be carried by two people)
garden furniture, including;
- dismantled swing
- children's plastic toys
Examples of items we do not collect
- construction / demolition waste (doors/windows, kitchen cabinets, boilers, concrete/bricks, soil etc.)
- business waste
- garden waste
- hazardous waste
- gas / oil cylinders
Terms and conditions
Please read thebefore paying for the service
What happens next
Our contractor, Biffa Municipal Ltd, will contact you to arrange a collection date.
Items must be left outside, in an easily accessible location, at the front of your property.