Go to the new Buckinghamshire Council website

Toggle menu

Coronavirus support and information

Local information on coronavirus including service changes, business support, how to get help and vaccinations.



Most complaints about statutory nuisances can be resolved informally between the parties involved.  It is better for you to speak with your neighbour at the earliest opportunity in order to resolve the problem quickly.  They will often take appropriate steps to reduce or stop the problem.

Are you willing to mediate?

We appreciate that in some cases it can be difficult to talk to your neighbour about the matter and you still wish to settle the matter informally.  In these instances additional assistance may be obtained from Mediation.

  • 7 out of 10 people who had used mediation would use it again.
  • In 8 out of 10 disputes when the neighbours met, an agreement was reached.
  • You do not have to be in the same room as your neighbour.
  • The mediators can visit you at home and at a time that suits you. They are independent and the visit is very informal.
  • Mediation is free.

If you consider legal action is appropriate and do not want to involve the Council, you might consider Taking your own action.

Further information on:





Construction Sites

Accumulation of rubbish